Saturday, January 4, 2014

Nail Pattern Boldness: Glitter-A-Peel

I love glitter nail polish, but I absolutely hate removing it, especially the chunkier kinds. So, I finally caved and bought Nail Pattern's Boldness' Glitter-A-Peel and have been testing it out for the last two months.


So, lets get the technical stuff clear. Glitter-A-Peel is not a glue base nor is it 3-free. It is cruelty free though. In addition, it does contain Toluene and smells a lot like the nail polishes I encountered when I was younger before the "Free" appeal was a big deal. One bottle will set you back just $8 plus shipping fees and it will arrive in your mail box nicely padded in a plastic media envelope.

So far, I've used Glitter-A-Peel on about 10 different glitter mani's, I've stopped counting at manicure 4. The greatest pros for this product are that it dries incredibly quick and really does peel away easily. Following the directions from NPB's website, I've always applied 2 coats on bare nails before applying the base color and glitter on top, except for one instance where I used only one coat of Glitter-A-Peel and that didn't go well. I definitely recommend following the directions and use the 2 coats. For removal, I also used an orange stick, as instructed by the NPB website as well. I find that using the beveled side of an orange stick worked the best for me.

As for the cons, there is only one, but it's a considerable one: I haven't been able to keep a mani past 2 days. So far, Glitter-A-Peel is a one day manicure for me. The only times I was able to stretch it to a second day was while wearing ButterLONDON's Scuppered and Deborah Lippmann's Glitter and Be Gay (Wet n' Wild's Going Platinum as a base color).

One day of wear. 

What I've noticed is that my manicure becomes rather brittle after a day and begins to lift off the nail, a process that is unnoticeable until I snag it on the most mundane of things and chunks of polish come off. I've actually had a whole piece fall off one nail while showering. Even chunky glitter doesn't seem to stop this from happening, like Essie's A Cut Above. Thus far, I haven't seen any other exceptions besides the ones I mentioned in the previous paragraph.

Scuppered day two

If you're out to have glitzy glitter packed nails for a night, I think Glitter-A-Peel is the best thing ever. I absolutely loved bypassing the nightmare of glitter mani removals. However, if you're looking for at least 4-5 days with a glitter mani, then this might not be the best option. I am satisfied enough by this product for now because I am finally able to wear glitter mani's but I definitely wouldn't mind another product that does the same thing as Glitter-A-Peel but gives me longer wear time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment