Sunday, December 22, 2013

Deborah Lippmann: Glitter and Be Gay

It seems this holiday was one for nail polish as gifts, glitter nail polish to be exact. Admittedly, I did request for specific Deborah Lippmann shades but it wasn't my idea to begin with and the other polish was an unexpected surprise. So in the end, I ended up with 3 Deborah Lippmann glitters and one ButterLONDON glitter and a reputation for having decked out nails apparently.


The first polish I had to try was Glitter and Be Gay just because it was so sparkly and chunky. I've heard that Deborah Lippmann glitters are great and I wanted at least one that was no where near the side of subtle. Glitter and Be Gay is a mixture of large and small holographic silver hex, yellow golden hex, and periwinkle/bluish lavendar hex glitters. For the photos, I applied one coat of Going Platinum from the Wet n' Wild Fergie collection and two coats of the glitter. Also, under all that I have two coats of Nail Pattern Boldness' Glitter-A-Peel.


Honestly, the texture wasn't what I had imagined it to be. Maybe it was the sheer amount of glitter packed into one bottle versus the amount of clear base, but this was very thick and a clumpy. It took a bit of work to spread out the glitter for an even distribution of glitter or else I would've had a small mountain of glitter localized on a section of my nail. I did go ahead and added a few drops of thinner to the bottle, but it helped only just a tad. After the two coats, I basically dabbed glitter onto areas that need just a bit more glitter and sealed it all in with two coats of top coat.

Besides the thickness, I really like Glitter and Be Gay. It catches the light beautifully and is very festive. Although I have Essie's Stroke of Brilliance and A Cut Above, they shine instead of sparkle. Glitter and Be Gay does both and if you're looking for glitter nail polish that might just outshine your sparkly jewelry, this would be a safe bet. The price is definitely indulgent though at $19 per bottle. I believe that the ones I received as gifts will be the only ones I'll own unless I'm gifted again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment