Monday, July 15, 2013

Color Club: Miss Bliss

I've had this holographic gem for a couple of months now, but never got around to actually trying it until now. I blame Cuti-CLUE-les since her recent post of her own Color Club holographic nail polish prompted me to finally pull out mine for my current manicure.


Miss Bliss is a pink holographic shade and is part of the Halo Hues 2013 collection. It is just amazing. The holographic effect is strong for this one in most kinds of lighting, although the effect did not show up well when I tried photographing in natural light. In person it was very obvious.


Two coats was enough to create an opaque and smooth appearance. The formula is just right, being not too thick or thin, making application a bliss. I did find that drying time was a bit longer than the usual polishes I have in rotation. So I used my Sally Hansen Insta-Dri top coat to speed up the drying process a bit because I was putting dings into my manicure while waiting for it dry. Using a top coat did temporarily mute the holographic effect, but I found that it returned after the polish was completely set and dry. 


I'm really liking the Color Club holographic polishes (I've also tried Beyond earlier this year) and I wish I had picked up more but they do retail for $10 each. Even with a discount, I was paying $7 each and at the time 3 bottles in my basket was my limit since I also had a bunch of other nail polishes in there too that I had to have. I definitely recommend trying out at least one of the holo shades, you'll be impressed. 

3 comments:

  1. I will gladly accept that blame haha. Miss Bliss is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, that's gorgeous! I love holo polishes but I still haven't found a good one, will try and hunt this down! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Color Club holos are really worth the money. They're so easy to use and are friendly with fast dry top coats. Makes the whole process pleasant.

      Delete