Monday, November 12, 2012

NYX Girls: Robotic

So I'm back with another NYX Girls polish. I decided to try one of their darker colors this time around and I of course bought it from the Variety Shop since they sells these for just $1.25.



Robotic is a sheer blackened base with deep blue flecks. To get full opacity I needed three coats, but the formula was super smooth and did not streak at all. The drying time was also pretty standard so the whole process was a breeze. I can't say enough about how much I love the NYX Girls polishes I have tried. For such a bargain price, I get a 0.43 oz bottle that has a decent brush and great formula.

To add a bit more interest, I gave myself an accent nail using one coat of Essie's Stroke of Brilliance. I love these Essie sequin glitters, they're so shiny you can see it reflect off of my middle nail in the photo above.


I don't think I'll ever be the type to wear straight up black nail polish, but these embellished black based types are wonderful alternatives. I love having them as options especially for the fall and winter. They're dark enough to make a statement but not starkly black.

No comments:

Post a Comment