Monday, August 20, 2012

Butter London: Trustafarian

Well, I couldn't help but check out the new fall collection for Butter London. Although, I have to say, I wasn't too impressed with what was offered and the only one that caught my eye was Trustafarian. What an amazing shade it is.


Described as sage green with a golden holographic finish, this polish is a really subtle way to wear holo since the rainbows only show up slightly, under the right circumstances. Most of the time, the polish looks to be packed with tons of silver micro shimmer, but the amount of sparkle totally confused my camera for the most part. In person, Trustafarian is definitely quite a sight. Moreover, the fine holographic shimmer creates a wonderful textural look I can't seem to find the words to convey.


The formula is rather sheer for this one and I had to use 3 to 4 coats to get the coverage seen in the photos, but I found that drying time wasn't a major setback with all the extra coats. I did find that this polish was a bit on the thick side though and almost reaching on the side of goopy, so I think the next time I wear Trustafarian I'll go ahead and add a few drops of thinner to it. Strangely enough, this one left brushstrokes behind during application. It's not very obvious and it started only after I had the bottle open  for a bit. I usually begin my application starting with my pinky finger and once I got to my index and thumb, there were some definite inconsistent brushstrokes that needed to be taken care of. I'd say a top coat only helps here in this case.

With flash to bring out that holographic effect.

Despite the minor issue I had with application, I don't regret buying it. Trustafarian is good overall so you won't be taking a big gamble on it. I don't know if anyone has this experience, but for me all my Butter London shimmers or metallic shades all work well enough but when I reach for the creme shades, it's Streaksville here I come. I haven't touched Trout Pout for a while because I'm mad at it at the moment, but I love my Knackered and Disco Biscuit. Oh, I can't forget Tart with a Heart, my glitter obsession! Anyone else see a difference between the Butter London formulations?

4 comments:

  1. Looks great! I can't recall the last time I wore a creme BL, so if the forumla on those is ick, I don't remember it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pictures, I like how you did your beauty logo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has been on my top wishlist for a while now! It looks amazing on you! I only have a few BL's, but I don't really remember them being streaky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love it. I suppose I'm really laying it on about the BL cremes, but there is some streaking and I suppose I didn't expect that from a $14 polish. I definitely wouldn't grab my Trout Pout if I was tired or wanted an easy manicure. That way lays frustration and disaster for me.

      Delete