Saturday, March 10, 2012

Tarte Blush & Bronzer On the Go

One of the first things I like to do when I'm at Sephora is browse the products that are displayed around the check out line. There are many travel sized items or mini combos offered for more affordable and appealing prices. This is how I ended up with Tarte's Blush & Bronze On the Go.



For $15 this set comes with the Amazonian Clay Blush in Dollface and Mineral Bronzer in Park Ave Princess. I haven't really seen the bronzer sold but I think the blush looks just like the original size, minus the mirror and magnet. Both the blush and bronzer have the same amount of product at 3.2 grams or 0.11 oz. Considering the fact that I will most likely apply these sheerly, I don't think I will be hitting pan any time soon.




Dollface is a medium pink matte shade. This color really gives my complexion a boost in color when I apply it. I find that my face looks healthier as soon I put it on since I'll have that natural flush to my cheeks that nice and even. I hardly ever wear my makeup for 12 hours so I can't really comment if the blush lasts like it claims, but I will say that it I don't finding it fading throughout my work day. Another thing I like about this blush is that I don't have to worry about over applying it. I found that a firm tap on the blush will give me enough for one cheek and I could always go back to build it a bit. There is none of that extra swirling to pick up product or need for careful tapping in case you get too much. It's such a no brainer sort of item and it just helps streamline my makeup routine.

Left: Dollface. Right: Park Ave Princess.

Park Ave Princess is what I would call a nice golden bronze shade. There is some shimmer to this bronzer, but I found that it's barely perceivable once applied. For me, I found that Park Ave Princess is a bit dark for me so I use this bronzer with a light touch. I mainly use this for contouring to add some dimension to my face and I feel that it serves its purpose. I was a bit wary of the shimmer in my bronzer because I always get matte versions, but I'm actually really preferring this one over my other bronzers now! The shimmer isn't noticeable when worn and I find that the golden tone is more flattering for me. Once I've made a good dent in this one, I might just go a try Nars Laguna bronzer too.

Overall, I love that this little set was a wonderful deal and that I actually got try two products from Tarte. This really allows me to explore the makeup world without having my wallet hurt. Let me know if there are little combos like this that I should be checking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment