Sunday, March 25, 2012

Sinful Colors: Island Coral

So I'm back at it again in my attempt to find my perfect pinkish coral polish. If I was willing to spend the money, I probably could have it already since Butter London's Trout Pout seems be what I'm looking for, but with a price tag of $14, let's just say I don't find Trout Pout to be that unique of a color to justify spending that amount. Anyways, I noticed Sinful had a shade of pink I hadn't seen before called Island Coral.


Island Coral is very much a pinky coral creme. On the nails, it's actually a bit darker than what you see in the bottle, but the color is still lovely. If Sally Hansen's Xtreme Wear in Coral Reef was too fluorescent for your taste, I would recommend that you try this one out. Although bright, the vibrancy isn't as brilliant and much easier to wear.

The formula was surprisingly good. I didn't have to deal with a frustrating goopy mess or major streaking. I did need 3 coats to achieve full opacity though, but the drying time wasn't overly long.

I'm am pleased to pieces that I found this shade and doubly so about the fact that it was during a sale. I only spent $0.99 on this bottle, however the regular price is only $1.99 so there's no breaking the bank in trying this one out.

On other news, my shiny new Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Compact has arrived in the mail! I've been so sick recently though that I haven't been using much make up and my skin has been breaking out. So I've decided to wait a bit for my skin to heal before apply foundation to it. But I am very excited to try it out soon!

1 comment: