Saturday, January 28, 2012

Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear: Coral Reef

I was browsing around the cosmetic section and noticed some new Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear shades. I was instantly drawn to the bright coral pink named, Coral Reef.


This polish is a creamy coral color that leans more towards pink. I've had polishes on this vein before but would turn out more orange or orange-red on the nails. This one is definitely a pinkish coral and still looks pink on the nail. I also just love the vibrancy of this shade. It's bordering on fluorescent, so be prepared for some serious brightness.

I personally have a sort of love/hate relationship with the Xtreme Wear nail polishes. I find that the formula is a bit too thick and hard to work with. I had to use 3 coats because it was somewhat streaky whereas with other polishes I would be only building opacity by having 3 coats of varnish and the application is easy. This certainly isn't the worst formula I've ever tried so I wouldn't completely write off this line of polishes. Plus, I haven't been able to find this shade in other brands so I'm willing to deal with the formula.

You can get this polish for around $3.49 any place that sells Sally Hansen.

EDIT: If you find that Coral Reef is too loud for your taste, I suggest that you also check out Island Coral by Sinful Colors. It's less fluorescent and much easier to wear than Coral Reef. This price is also affordable at $1.99 and the formula is not as goopy, at least for my bottle.

2 comments:

  1. Such a bright & happy color--looks good on you! Most of my Xtreme Wears behave fine, though I seem to recall I had to add thinner to a few of them to get them to play nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx! The consistency of the Xtreme Wears seem to vary. I have to say that at moment I'm holding a grudge against Mellow Yellow since it's the thickest I've seen from all the Xtreme Wear polishes I own. I probably will have to explore using thinner because I love the colors from this line.

      Delete