Sunday, January 22, 2012

Revlon Colorstay Longwear Nail Enamel: Midnight

I wore Blue Slate for 8 days and it was about time to try a new shade. Considering the weather has been rather rainy and windy, my new color seems to match the climate.



There is definitely some green to Midnight making this blue more of a dark teal blue. At first I wanted to call it a navy blue, but compared directly to a navy color, the green in this polish stands out since a navy shade has more purple to it.I quite love my shades of teal, especially those that are on the bluer side so I really like this color. I'm also tempted to put Essie's Shine of the Times over this shade, but I haven't decided yet. Leave a comment if that's something you would like to see.

If you're the type of person that likes one coat nail polish, I'd  say this could be the shade for you. With the right amount of thickness it is possible to do so. I personally  prefer to apply thin coats of nail polish at a time so I had to use 2 coats to get full opacity.  I also used my trusty Sally Hansen Insta-Dri top coat over this varnish for the fact that the top coat just evens everything out for a nicer look.

As I stated earlier, I didn't actually wear my Blue Slate for 11 days, but for the 8 days I did the polish held up very well. I really put the polish to the test since I was more rough with my hands last week than usual. There was some even wearing away at the tips but absolutely no chipping. Granted, I did have a top coat in addition to the polish, but I have had polish chip despite my nice top coat and I wasn't as rough with my hands like I was while wearing the Revlon Colorstay varnish.

No comments:

Post a Comment