Saturday, January 14, 2012

Revlon Colorstay Longwear Nail Enamel: Blue Slate

I was browsing after having some dim sum with my dad today and I found the new display for Revlon and I totally zoned in on the new nail polishes. I've been on the look out for a more muted blue so I was so excited to see that there were two of these shades and there was a BOGO 50% deal for Revlon nail products!


I'm currently wearing Blue Slate in the photo and I am in love with this color. It's a blue with some grey undertone to it. This polish is definitely appropriately named too since if you look up, slate blue, you'll find that this is one of the shades that show up. I think this is just such a sophisticated yet modern color to wear and did I tell you how I much admire this color? I also purchased another blue polish called Midnight that is a nice dark teal blue color.




You can find my post for Midnight here: Revlon Colorstay Longwear Nail Enamel: Midnight

Revlon advertises that this varnish will give "gel-like shine" and "11 days of shatterproof color." I'll have to wait and see about the 11 days of wear, but I found that this polish didn't stay nice and shiny for long after painting them. Without a top coat, this polish quickly became dull so I had to give it a layer of my Sally Hansen Insta-Dri top coat for it to look so shiny in the photo.



I found that the formula didn't take too long to dry and it applies opaquely enough that 2 coats would do. These polishes also come with a standard sized flat brush, which I prefer because I have an easier time painting my nails with them. The bottles themselves are simple yet sleek and symmetrical so this will be a plus for storage purposes.

Left: Slate Blue. Right: Midnight

These polishes are selling for $8.49 at my local Walgreens. What do you think, something worth trying?

No comments:

Post a Comment