Saturday, November 5, 2011

Wet n' Wild: Baked, Not Fried

I've finally gotten around to posting about the new Wet n' Wild Baked, Not Fried palette. I'm quite excited about these eyeshadows, however, San Francisco has been rather gloomy and overcast so photographing the swatches were a bit of a pain. I could never get the lighting right and good lighting would disappear so very quickly.



Now as you may have noticed from the photograph, this palette has actually been called Bake-Off Contest prior to the release in Walgreens stores. I suppose decisions were made to swap the names for the neutral and blue baked palettes. This particular set is now officially sold with the name Baked, Not Fried and comes with a copper shimmer pencil.



I have found that most of the eyeshadows are quite decent except for the copper one right next to the white eyeshadow. Apparently, this eyeshadow not only has shimmery copper pigment, but also fine copper glitter that caused this eyeshadow to have some issues with fallout. Swatching this color was a bit tricky because there is a possibility of having more copper glitter than actual pigment and the glitter just sort of falls off with nothing to really stick to. However, when applied wet, the glitter is moving around all over the place and does not distribute evenly. This could be that the top layer of this eyeshadow has lots of glitter since my most recent swatch turned out rather nicely without any of the previous issues I had.

All the other eyeshadows were pretty standard and didn't give me any unique challenges. When used dry these shadows are certainly more sheer and when wet, they are more opaque and metallic. Out of the three palettes this is probably the most wearable for me since I always default to a bronzed eye look if I have no idea what to do. What I like about this palette is that I can create a more metallic foiled appearance with these shadows by using them wet an option I didn't have before.


Applied dry without  primer.



Applied wet without primer. Copper shimmer pencil swatched on far right.

Overall, I'm quite pleased with my purchase. Wet n' Wild has been a very affordable way for me to experiment with different colors and styles.

Bonus picture! Original packaging of my set, even has the Walgreens security sticker still attached.

No comments:

Post a Comment